Monday, February 02, 2009

Home Improvements

I recently finished a lovely microwave cart that is really (in my world) a printer/turntable cart (more on that later). I was charmed that the brush I bought for the urethane was hand made and labeled - with a personal signature from "Hon."

Unfortunately I seem to lack the skillz required to clean urethane out of a brush so the second time I used this brush the bristles were breaking off into the 2nd coat of urethane. I'm sorry "Hon." The replacement brush, made with non-natural bristles and lacking the personal touch, fared worse. After finishing the project and failing to successfully clean all of the urethane out of the brush, I threw the poor thing away.

The cart looks great. I'll save that for another post.

2 comments:

Becky Brown said...

I'm sure Hon understands.

I am huge on recycling, reusing, etc., but painting is one area where I just don't even try. I figure I don't paint often, and we're all allowed one vice.

you gotta wonder said...

This was definitely a time when my conscientious efforts failed. I'll get around to posting pix of the finished product eventually.