Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Al, you're wearing me out!

Yesterday, when I got home from work, I came into my office to put down my stuff and was greeted by Al (the killer cat) acting strange(r) and a mysterious fluttering noise. It didn't take me too long to pin down the source of the fluttering noise. A small bird was flying around my office. Back and forth he went, from his perch on the shelf and another perch on a picture frame. And Al? Complaining all the while. I went and fetched my charming and helpful hubby who clarified that when he looked for the bird, he was looking on the ground. It hadn't occurred to him that the bird had survived Al's attention.

So - he began the game of "catch the bird". The bird exited my office and went into the game room, eventually hiding in a window. He escaped my manly hunter-husband and flew across the room to rest on another picture frame. My studly hubby snuck up on him and caught the little birdy with his bare hands. Birdy was safely released after this brief, but action-packed drama.

1 comment:

Becky Brown said...

Talk about foreshadowing! You left your comment at my place about the importance of critter removal right as I was battling with a possum. You are a lucky lady to have hubby around. :)