Saturday, October 04, 2008

It just goes to show....

...you never know. I thought for sure my Trumpet article would be on the subject of healing, but instead I shared some musings on the subject of commitments. I was inspired by the Capital City marching band competition. I wrote the article from my seat in the bleacher, after my son's school performed. Was I a slacker for waiting until the last minute to put something together for the Trumpet? Or was it divine guidance? I don't think the subject of healing is fully baked yet. I missed the deadline but our editor-in-chief is an awesome individual, and the article made it into this month's newsletter.

Trumpet archives can be found at: http://www.cectx.org/CECTrumpet.htm

"Almighty and everlasting God, you are always more ready to hear than we to pray, and to give more than we either desire or deserve: Pour upon us the abundance of your mercy, forgiving us those things of which our conscience is afraid, and giving us those good things for which we are not worthy to ask."

No comments: